Monday, October 8, 2012

Many Thanks!

Hi everyone. Sorry for the late post, I think I am still in my Turkey coma!
I had a great Thanksgiving this year. Mike and I spent the weekend painting our rec room. It was a lot of work, but when I sit now enjoying the completed room, I am glad we did all of that hard work.

I don’t have too much to say this week, it has been a really busy week. I was however inspired by another blog I read this week, www.runlovepug.blogspot.ca where Krysta went through what she is thankful for this Thanksgiving. So I thought I would share...
I am thankful for opportunity. I am thankful for being able to take advantage of opportunities as they come available. I recently started a new job and despite the overwhelming training and tasks that come with starting a new job, I am still confident I made the right decision that will provide me opportunities not only now but going forward.
Also, as I spent my Sunday night with family over Thanksgiving dinner being barraged with hundreds of questions about how my wedding planning is going. With each question, I have to answer, ‘I have not decided yet’ to 99% of the question. I am merely thankful I get to marry the man that has been a fantastic part of my life for the last 10 years. Without Mike, I would not have had the confidence in myself to put a foot forward and leave my former job. My former position was a great job with fantastic people, but I had to take a leap of faith into a brighter future.
Last but not least, I am thankful for anyone who takes the time to read my blog every week. I am writing this blog not only to fulfill one of my hopeless New Year’s Resolution attempts, but also to let everyone else know what I am passionate about. I hope that with every entry I write, I can inspire someone.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving Day?

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Dawn.

    First of all, your basement looks FANTASTIC. That color turned out really well. With those skills you and Mike may need to come over and help us get our basement started! :)

    Secondly, I too am proud of you for taking a leap of faith. Life is all about taking chances.

    Lastly, thanks for the shout out! I am so thankful for everything!

    <3 Miss you, and looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm thankful you made the leap:):)

    ReplyDelete