Saturday, June 22, 2013

A New Trend for the Rich and Famous

Hi Everyone,

Today we went on a sight seeing cruise along the Florida keys, between Siesta Key and Longboat Key. We saw some of the most beautiful beach front properties, different species of birds and a family of dolphins.

According to our tour guide, only 3% of the people living in these beautiful homes, all of which are 10 times bigger than mine, are living there full time. The other 97% are just vacation homes for the winter months. Another fun fact I was amazed to hear was that there is a trend in new homes being built on the coast. The rich and famous are finally thinking about their environment when building these homes and adding solar panels to the roof. These are the two of the hundreds of homes we saw:

In the heat of the summer, there is almost 15 hours of sun in a day. They can generate enough electricity to power their home appliances each day. I am hoping that next time I come up here there will be even more homes adopting this eco power. 

Are there any neighborhoods you travel to annually and are starting to see more environmentally friendly changes taking place?

No comments:

Post a Comment