Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beach Fashion Change Up

Hello from Florida!

We have had nothing but beautiful sunny days here, sorry to rub it in! On the downside, I am starting to resemble a lobster. You really underestimate the strength of the sun... Trust me I have been slathering on the sunscreen.

Today is the start to a new feature of the blog. It was inspired by those days when you look into your full closet and say "I don't have anything to wear." I read a lot of magazines and browse pinterest quite often, only to feel like my closet is inadequate. Keeping up on all of these fashion trends is not budget friendly. So I have set out to try and make my closet the closet of my dreams with minimal purchases. It’s all about looking at what is in your closet in a different way and buying the right multi-use items.

I started with a $15 Walmart dress, shown below (similar here):

Make sure the dress is an elastic top so you can make it a skirt, as show below. This way, when you don't have a lot of time to change, or want to pack a little lighter on vacation, you just need a couple of accessories to change it up and you have this:

I added a white tank top and a belt around the top of the skirt. This way I got two outfits out of three items (dress, belt, tank top), and it looks like a whole new outfit. 

In the coming months, I will also add some photos of cheaper designer outfits from items that are probably in your closet. 

Do you have any items that are dual purpose? Send me a picture and we can share the inspiration. 

1 comment:

  1. You both look great!!!

    Love the dual purposing. I think I will be considering it more now when shopping. The only dual purposing I do now is: Will this work for the office and home?

    ReplyDelete